I realize this isn’t the most exiting project of the year but a necessary one nonetheless. My knife sheath for the “regular” camp knife was a sloppily done remake of the original. The knife maker did an excellent job on the knife itself but the sheath wasn’t up to the standard of this fine tool.
No surprisingly, I have quite a lot of leather around for small projects like this so after some searching I chose a very thick and solid, wax stuffed leather that was batch dyed a very dark brown. For durability I decided to rivet this sheath with brass which makes for fairly quick work as well. The only real issue is getting the fit just right; tight enough to hold upside down but loose enough to come out when called upon.
After construction, a bit of hot water was poured over the body to shrink it up a bit and the well-oiled knife left in it for form-fitting. Now, we’re ready for the woods again.