Some great advice from a couple heading for early retirement. They have a great blog and give some good, down-to-earth advice. Here are a few tips in today’s post.
- Stop sleeping with the phone right next to the bed. The phone is a tool, not your jailer.
- Get dressed in the morning. Just because you aren’t going to work, you can still put in a little effort to get dressed for the day. This sets the mood that you may actually DO something. And for everyone’s sake, don’t go shopping in your pajamas!
- Stop treating lunch like a frantic scramble. Despite the feelings of guilt dished out by bad employers, you deserve a break once in a while. Enjoy your time because life is short.
- Stop eating at your desk. Again, get out. Take break. You are not a prisoner.
- Stop waking up at unreasonable hours. This is hard to avoid, but waking up to your own rhythm is something we can all benefit from. Electricity, artificial lighting, internet, and television encourages us to stay up too late for our schedules. Get some sleep!
- Stop neglecting fitness. This should go without saying. However, many of our jobs either hurt us by giving us too little activity or beat us up through tough repetitive movements. When we get home, it’s too easy to lay down, have a cocktail, snack, eat, and recuperate from the day. Find time to treat yourself right.
ALL GREAT ADVICE. Read the rest and much more at the “Our next life“.