By Joshua Fields Millburn
- Life Tools & Accessories – 33 items, including my car, guitar, books, hairbrush, toothbrush, etc.
- Consumables – 5 groups of items, including food, cleaning supplies, hygiene supplies, office supplies and paper goods
- Kitchen Items – 19 items, including pots, pans, utensils, coffeemaker, toaster, oven mitt, etc.
- Bathroom Items – 6 items, including my bathroom scale, rugs, trash can, shower caddy, etc.
- Electronics – 10 items, including my BlackBerry, MacBook, Printer, iPod, etc.
- Furniture – 18 items, including my bed, couch, coffee table, desk, chairs, etc.
- Decorations – 14 items, including decorative plants, artwork, digital picture frames, wall clock, etc.
- Clothes (Miscellaneous) – 58 items, including shoes, socks, underwear, belts, gym shorts, coats, etc.
- Casual Clothes – 79 items, including jeans, hoodies, T-shirts, button-down shirts, etc.
- Dress Clothes – 50 items, including suits, ties, dress shirts, etc.
“That’s everything I own. 288 things. Count them if you’d like. The nicest thing about creating this list is that I actually use everything I own. There is not a kitchen item or a piece of furniture or an article of clothing that I do not use regularly. It’s an amazing feeling.” Click here to read the full text of his excellent essay.
Next time: my move toward Minimalism and the search for balance.